Male, #41, (6 October 1605 - 11 March 1653)
William Ames|b. 6 Oct 1605\nd. 11 Mar 1653|p41.htm|Richard Ames|b. 1 May 1560\nd. 1615|p40.htm||||William Ames|d. 1626|p39.htm||||||||||
William Ames was christened on 6 October 1605 in Bruton, Somersetshire, England.1,2 He was the son of Richard Ames.1,2,3,4 About 1640 William, married Hannah unknown, in Braintree, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.1,2 William Ames died on Tuesday, 11 March 1653 in Braintree, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, at age 47 years, 5 months and 5 days His death was recorded as 11 (1) 1653.5,2 William's estate was inventoried on 6 March 1654 valued at £45 11/.6
- Ancestry of Robert Roy
Children of William Ames and Hannah unknown
- Trask, William B.. "Some Account of Dr. Nathaniel Ames, the Almanac-Maker, and His Family", The New England Historical and Genealogical Register volume XVI (1862).
- Ames, Faber K.. The Ames Family of Bruton, Somerset, England. Los Angeles: privately printed, 1969.
- Ames, Richard D.. Ames is the Name. Hyattsville, Maryland: by the author, 1959.
- Winsor, Justin. A History of the Town of Duxbury, Massachusetts with Genealogical Registers. 1849. Reprint Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing, Inc., 1999.
- Trask, William B.. "Early Records of Boston", The New England Historical and Genealogical Register volume XII (1858).
- Trask, William B.. "Abstracts From the Earliest Wills on Record in the County of Suffolk, Mass.", The New England Historical and Genealogical Register volume IX (1855).
- Pulsifer, David. "Records of Boston", The New England Historical and Genealogical Register volume III (1849).
- MacKenzie, George Norbury. Colonial Families of the United States of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1966.
- Trask, William B.. "Early Records of Boston", The New England Historical and Genealogical Register volume XI (1857).