Male, #531, (5 September 1622 - 8 October 1690)
John Metcalfe was born on 5 September 1622 in St Benedicts, Norwich, Norfolk, England, The date could have been 15 September.1,2 He was the son of Michael Metcalfe and Sara Elwyn.1,2 John Metcalfe emigrated in 1637 from England on the Rose with his parents.2 He was admittled to the church in 1643 in Dedham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.2 He became a freeman in 1647 in Dedham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.2 On 22 March 1647 John, at age 24, married Mary Chickering, in Dedham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.1,2,3 Or John married Mary Chickering on 23 March 1647 in Dedham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.4 John Metcalfe and Mary Chickering moved in 1652 to Medfield, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.2 On 19 November 1664 in Dedham, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, John Metcalfe was mentioned in the will of Michael Metcalfe.1 John Metcalfe died on Wednesday, 27 November 1675 at age 53 years, 2 months and 22 days.1 He died on Sunday, 8 October 1690 in Medfield, Norfolk County, Massachusetts, at age 68 years, 1 month and 3 days.2,3
- Ancestry of Robert Roy
Children of John Metcalfe and Mary Chickering
- John Metcalfe+1,2 (21 Mar 1648 - 1738)
- Michael Metcalfe+1,2 (20 Sep 1650 - 9 Dec 1691)
- Mary Metcalfe1 (2 Oct 1652 - )
- Elizabeth Metcalfe+2 ( - 27 Nov 1735)
- Joseph Metcalfe+1,5,2,6 (22 Nov 1658 - 1741)
- Experience Metcalfe+7,8,2,9 (16 Oct 1661 - 18 Feb 1730/31)
- Hannah Metcalfe+2 (13 Oct 1664 - 20 Dec 1719)
- Mary Metcalfe2 (2 Jun 1668 - 17 Feb 1726/27)
- Harris, Luther Metcalf. "Metcalfe Family", The New England Historical and Genealogical Register volume VI (1852).
- Wheeler, Daniel Merrick. The Wheeler Family of Rutland, Mass. and Some of their Ancestors. Pittsfield, Massachusetts: by the author, 1924.
- Torrey, Clarence Almon. "Francis Chickering of Dedham, Massachusetts", The American Genealogist volume XVII, number 2 (October 1940).
- Hanson, Robert Brand. The Vital Records of Dedham, Massachusetts. volume 3: Marriages. Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, 1989).
- Trask, William B.. "Boston Records", The New England Historical and Genealogical Register volume XIII (1859).
- Adams, Andrew N. A Genealogical History of Henry Adams of Braintree, Mass., and his Descendants also John Adams of Cambridge, Mass., 1632-1897. Rutland, Vermont: Tuttle Company, 1898.
- Tilden, William S. History of the Town of Medfield, Massachusetts 1650-1886. 1887. Reprint Medfield, Massachusetts: Medfield Historical Society, 1975.
- Wheeler, Albert Gallatin Jr.. The Genealogical and Encyclopedic History of the Wheeler Family in America. Boston: American College of Genealogy, 1914.
- Eddy Fund. Vital Records of Medfield, Massachusetts to the year 1850. Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1903.